Our Health Care Assistant Sarah recently completed her Bolton Care Certificate, well done Sarah. Here she is being presented with her award.
|Miss Samantha Barker (f)|
Sam is our new Mental Health Worker. For mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression and low mood you can make an appointment with Sam without seeing a GP first.
|Laura Cook (f)|
Laura is a Pharmacist Technician working with our practice, as part of an NHS England pilot scheme to help support the GP Workforce. Laura works as part of a larger pharmacy team, deployed all over Bolton, to help support practices in delivering better patient outcomes. Laura’s current role in our Practice is very varied but her main focus is around medication itself and supporting patients in making sure they get the best from their medication.
Laura should be the first point of contact at the practice to help any patients who have a query or issue with their medications, including, being able to synchronise repeat medications which run out at different times.
Laura is able to consult with patients on Wednesdays and will liaise with the GP if there are any issues.
|Mrs Kathryn Brignall (f)|
Health Improvement Practitioner
Health Improvement Practitioners help people to develop healthier behaviour and lifestyles in their own local communities. They offer practical support to change their behaviour to achieve their own choices and goals.
The exact role will depend upon the needs of the community in which they work, but typically would involve:
- Performing Over 40 NHS Health Checks
- Review of patients with High Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Review of patients who are At Risk of Diabetes
- Encouraging patients to stop smoking
- Encouraging patients to participate in increased physical activity
- Encouraging patients to eat more healthily and lose weight (if necessary)
- Encouraging patients to drink sensibly
- Their role will soon include being involved in the care and management of newly diagnosed diabetic patients and health assessments for patients with mild – moderate COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), with a view to improving their health and lifestyle.