How to make a complaint
Practice complaints procedure
If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.
How to complain
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaints:-
- Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or
- Within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.
Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager, or to a doctor. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the practice manager in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.
What shall we do
We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your complaint we shall aim to:-
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again
Where can I get further help and advice?
- Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) provides advice and support to people who want to complain about the NHS.
Telephone - 0808 801 0390
Post - 5th Floor, Arthur House, Chorlton Street, Manchester M1 3FH.
- Healthwatch Bolton will provide patients, carers, their families and members of the Bolton community with information about their rights and choices in health and social care. They can be contacted on: Telephone: 01204 372842 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org